Amazon Smart Ad

Friday, March 5, 2010

Work and those that are allergic to it

So I really fancy myself as a chef. I am comfortable with that designation now, although I wouldn't introduce myself as one yet. Even though I graduated from Culinary Arts at Northwestern State University, and I literally run a kitchen, I don't have the experience or the pedigree to announce to the world, "Hey I am a chef."

But I am sure that my cooks feel like I am a major-league asshole right now. See, I really like to work people. I know that sounds bad, but if you are not willing to work hard for me, I don't need you. I got a new cook who is really a snake in the grass type person from what I've been told. I don't judge anyone based on what other people say, I would hate for someone to do the same to me. What I really like to do is put people under pressure, because that is when people show their true colors.

This week, I rolled out some really good stuff. Stuff like pasta primavera and chicken fried rice with bamboo shoots. Keep in mind that I am dealing with people that can't tell the difference between a zucchini and a cucumber.  In fact, I got a lot of, "Oh Lord what is that, squash or something?" The other white meat

I made an incredible ratatouille today. I have never made one, but always wanted to make one ever since I saw the movie by the same name. I had a lot of work to prep all of those veggies. In fact, the zucchini was chopped so fast that they literally rolled off the table that I was working on. It went in the oven kinda late for service, but ended up being the best vegetable dish that I have ever eaten. Too bad only one or two other people paid for it. I had 5 pans left over. Too bad, so sad.

Well it looks like I have to work this Saturday, and one after that and the one after that.  That's good for my checking account, but bad for me. I really get wiped out from working six days a week.

In case you are wondering, I did thank my cooks for working so hard today. I am not a complete asshole, although in all fairness, I did work today with the assistance of the other supervisor.

I guess that is all for now. I am going to be working on Meat pies, Dirty Rice and Green beans for tomorrow's recruitment day.

No comments:

Post a Comment