Amazon Smart Ad

Thursday, June 14, 2012

World's First Tax for using an Old Browser?



So when people do something so outrageous it makes me wonder why I didn't think of it, it makes me want to write about it. There is a website that is charging a 6.8% tax on users that use IE7. The website says that one of the things that the design team has to spend a ton of time and money on is making their website look right on the old web browser.

As Internet citizens, we all have a responsibility to make the Internet a better place. By taking these measures, we are doing our bit.

It makes me wonder if this is going to catch on, I do understand that a lot of companies (and colleges) don't allow the typical user to upgrade anything on their computer for fear of things breaking and causing more trouble than it's worth.

While the tax is kinda high, and it's more tongue in cheek than anything else, (all you have to do to get around the tax is use a modern browser) it does highlight problems that web designers have in keeping their websites looking good on legacy software.

Source: Kogan.com

1 comment:

  1. I have read most of them and got a lot from them. To me, you are doing the great work.

    ReplyDelete