There's nothing worse than getting opening Facebook and seeing 24 notifications and 22 of them are requests from a stupid game that your friends are playing on Facebook. There's a simple way to turn off notifications from games in Facebook, but Facebook doesn't make it so you can turn off all notifications for games; you have to do them on a game-by-game basis.
So here is the method that you need use:
- On a computer, click on the notification and hover over the offending notification.
- An 'X" will appear to the right of the box.
- Click the box.
- A dialog box will pop up asking you if you want to block all requests from that game.
- An option will pop up asking if you want to report for spam. I always click that but I am sure that clicking that doesn't actually help anything.
- Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight. *clap *clap
So that's the gist of it. You have to go through and do this for each game, and there will be a point in the future where Facebook decides to reset all your privacy settings again, and you might have to do this all over again.