Amazon Smart Ad

Sunday, March 28, 2010

On getting old and getting fat

It is sometimes hard for me to remember that I am not 25 anymore. I wonder what the medical term for it is, but I really don't see myself at all as I really am. In my mind, I still play hockey on weekends, can do a zillion crunches and weigh 160 pounds.

Truth is, I started a weight-loss push this past week. I want to get down to 200 again. Keep in mind that means I need to lose about 65 pounds, give or take. How am I going to do this? I am glad that you asked!

I am going to start tracking everything that I eat on livestrong.com. I paid for an app on my Blackberry and from there, I can input what I ate, how much and when. The neat thing is that it has a HUGE database of food. Like HUGE!

Another thing that I am really encouraged about is my new CPAP machine. For those that don't know, I have sleep apnea. What that means is my airway closes shut when I sleep, and I literally stop breathing for 5-10 seconds at a time. I will spare you all the nasty details, but I have a severe case of it, where I stop breathing 65-75 times an hour!

Needless to say, that is a bad thing, and I got a machine called a CPAP that forces air into my lungs and keeps my airway open. The only thing that is a pain is the mask that I have to wear. Oh well, it's better than the heart damage and stuff that comes with apnea.

All of my health problems, high blood pressure, high triglycerides, weight gain stem from apnea. So now that I have the problem taken care of, I am working on getting back into shape and eating right.

Well, that's it for now, I know that I have not blogged much, but quite honestly, things at work have been super dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment