Amazon Smart Ad

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Perfect Scrambled Eggs


I love eggs, and I eat them for breakfast at least 4 times a week for breakfast. Typically I just throw them in a pan, scramble them in the pan and then cook them as fast as possible. Usually my eggs are finished before the toast pops, and if I get distracted they get that burned brown action going. Well I am not so much of a snob that I don't eat them if they get burned, but today I sat down and figured out how to make them right, and I think that I have the perfect technique for scrambled eggs.


  1. Take a pat of butter and put into a bowl
  2. Heat butter in microwave long enough to melt it 
  3. Break eggs and add to the butter in the bowl
  4. Add a splash of milk
  5. Mix throughly with a fork
  6. Spray a small pan with cooking spray
  7. Add the eggs to a pan, make sure that the pan isn't hot
  8. Cook over medium heat, add salt and pepper at this point
  9. When the egg starts to cook, push the eggs towards the center of the pan. The runny part of the egg will fill in the area that you pushed in. 
  10. Continue cooking this way until the egg is cooked through
Eggs cooked this way are fluffy, flavorful and delicious. The secret is the butter and the cold pan. The butter adds flavor and a velvet mouthfeel, and the cold pan ensures that the eggs cook slowly and throughly without burning the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment