Amazon Smart Ad

Friday, November 18, 2011

Sad, but Determined

So the few of you that follow this blog do so mostly for advice on Xbox Live, and finding solutions to getting back online after moving somewhere that doesn't have proper broadband. Please don't stop asking questions, and know that deep down I really appreciate your comments and feedback! It makes me so happy to see that comments are posted almost every week and that people are finding help through the community. Although I will continue to support these questions (and any other tech questions you might have,) I am going to have to change the direction of this blog, and hopefully change it into something inspirational.

You see, I am really, really, sad.

Today, I went out with my wonderful wife to a place that I used to live. While I was getting dressed up, I noticed that I was having problems getting my shoes on. Like bad problems. My stomach is so big that I can't even really get my own shoes on.

It's time to get my priorities straightened out.

We had a lot of time to talk tonight, over dinner. I discussed how I felt like I was not living with any structure in my life, and that I was not getting much accomplished. My grad school work is way behind, I am the biggest that I have ever been in my entire life. I feel like I am not getting anywhere in my life.

So I have a plan, and I am going to stick with it and see how things work out.

First off is bed at 10 pm. I am really guilty of using Caleb as an excuse to stay up until dawn, but really it's my own fault. I am sure that if we go to bed at the same time every night, that he will fall into line just fine.

Second is my grad school work, and with that, figuring out what I need to do with myself. So what I have determined is that I am going to focus my culinary training on candies and wait for it...chocolate. With a direction under my belt, I am focus my free time on something.

Third is getting my ass outside and running again.

Hopefully, this will get my ass out of the funk that I've been since I lost my job, which is almost a year ago.

Oddly enough, I had to get my phone back to stock Android to get the process started...which I am sure doesn't make much sense. If you look at my posts, everything centers around gaming, and that's not really paying the bills. So I need to go ahead and stop playing my days away, and to do that I need to moderate my time on both WoW and Xbox Live. Since both of these services are enabled by my wireless tether on my phone, I decided to get rid of it. So, as painful as this is, I am back to a stock HTC Thunderbolt. Don't worry, I will live.

So the idea is to hold out until the Samsung Galaxy Nexus releases in the US. At that time, I will look at what's going on and maybe allow myself some time on the 360 some more. Of course with Thanksgiving and the kids being out, I am sure that we are going to be playing some Halo: Anniversary.

There is a widget on my page that lists my weight loss.  The idea is to post at least every other day with my weight and progress.

Day 0-Nov 19: 270 pouunds, 70 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment