Amazon Smart Ad

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Life Sucks Sometimes

I went from looking at a huge promotion to not having a job at all. If you know me, really know me, you know that this pattern has followed me my whole life. No matter what job I have, be it the US Air Force, or being a cook, I strive to do the very best that I can. I also know that I am pretty smart when it comes to leadership and have a really good head on my shoulders for most things. So I look to advance and move up the ladder, and something always comes along and smashes me to the ground.

So I am staying home with the baby, which isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. He is an awesome baby, and I dreamed about being able to watch him grow up while I was toiling away over a stove at work. Well, I got my wish.

Not sure where I am going in life, or what career I am going to get into. All I do know is deep down, I don't like cooking and honestly, being a chef was going to be something that is not only hard on me, but hard on my family. What is hard is making it on one income and $115 a week on unemployment. What sucks is losing health insurance for my whole family. Although, looking at Japan, I think that I have things pretty good right now.

Life sucks sometimes, but I guess it is what we make of it that counts.

Maybe the forces that be have a bigger plan for me.

I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment